GCSE ARABIC Examination Board: Edexcel Specification: 2AR01About this subjectArabic GCSE enables students to develop:
· an understanding of Arabic in a variety of contexts
· a knowledge of Arabic vocabulary and structures
· transferable language learning skills
· the ability to communicate effectively in Arabic
· awareness and understanding of countries and communities where Arabic is spoken.
Course Content· Choice of focus in the speaking unit.
· 100% externally marked.
· Outcome based, single tier of assessment.
· Emphasis on active use and manipulation of language.
· Provides logical progression route to GCE AS and Advanced studies.
Unit 1: Listening and Understanding in Arabic
27% of the total GCSEUnit 2: Speaking in Arabic
23% of the total GCSEUnit 3: Reading and Understanding in Arabic
27% of the total GCSEUnit 4: Writing in Arabic
23% of the total GCSENotesFor Year 10, there will be significant changes due to the up-coming exam reforms.
The new 9-1 grading system will replace A*-G, and there will no longer be any controlled assessment. All papers will be set and marked by the awarding organisation.
Papers will be tiered, with 25% assessment weightings per skill (listening, speaking, reading, writing).